Services and documentation to cover all stages and types of ICT related procurements.
Over 30% of major ICT procurements are never completed and more than half of the completed projects are late and over budget. These statistics have not improved significantly over a period of more than 20 years.
Early and careful planning of the procurement process and the effective execution of the procurement plan will significantly improve the prospects of project completion on-time and on-budget.
services available to assist ICT procurement include:
- Procurement planning.
- Procurement and negotiation team structuring.
- Risk analysis, risk allocation and risk mitigation strategies.
- Consulting with customer’s representatives (in-house lawyer) to ensure corporate policies relating to contract provisions are identified and applied appropriately.
- Preparation of Requests for Proposals and Tender documents.
- Preparation of Consultancy Agreement for use with consultants engaged to assist with the procurement.
- Advice and recommendations on preferred approach to contract issues.
- Preparation of formal agreement (or summary of contract requirements) for inclusion with RFP or tender documents.
- Review and evaluation of proposals.
- Planning and executing negotiation strategies.
- Leading or supporting negotiations.
- Acting as negotiation session chair-person.
- Tracking and reporting on open/closed issues.
- Drafting or reviewing and revising any required third party agreements.
- Drafting revisions of agreement(s) to reflect matters agreed during negotiations.
- Reviewing vendor’s proposed drafting revisions.
- Reviewing scope definitions to identify and minimise ambiguities.
- Providing written reports on key contractual risks during negotiations and prior to final contract approval.
- Providing legal “sign-off” on finalised agreements.
- Assisting the project manager with respect to contract issues during project execution.
- Negotiating and documenting variations.
- Assisting in the resolution of any project issues.
- Advising with respect to warranty period issues.
- Ongoing assistance with respect to issues that may arise after the warranty period.
projects have included:
- Large and complex software development and implementation projects for a wide range of business and government clients and involving many different software products.
- Whole of enterprise and partial ICT outsourcing arrangements.
- Business process outsourcing.
- Procurement of satellite, landline and mobile phone services for multiple sites.
- Procurement of a fibre-optic data and voice link to new remote mine site.
- Major website development projects.
- Hardware procurement.
- Software as a service.
- Hosting and other service arrangements.